5 Reasons to Hire a Home Staging Professional
Are you planning to sell your home? That’s great news! You’ve probably put a lot of thought into this big decision BUT have you considered the importance of hiring a home stager to help you sell your home quickly? Whether you’re moving for a new job, to a new country, or moving into a bigger or smaller space, one thing home sellers often overlook is hiring a professional home stager.
Hiring a professional staging company is one of the greatest investments you can make when it comes to selling your home and here are 5 reasons why:
- Home Stagers are familiar with current design trends – a home with a modern and clean design carries an automatic advantage over the competition – it has been proven that staged homes sell twice as fast as un-staged homes and often for more money than the asking price. A home staging professional is familiar with current styles such as paint colour, use of space and décor. Plus, they typically have a warehouse full of furniture and decorations they can use in your home while it’s on the market.
- Professional Home Stagers are not emotionally attached – a home stager is a neutral third party who sees your home from the buyers’ perspective and is not emotionally attached to your things. They can suggest simple upgrades around the home and design improvements that can drastically change the aesthetics of your home.
- Your realtor can be left to the task of finding a buyer – your realtors’ job is to market your home and bring you a buyer. Hiring a professional staging service can protect your relationship with your realtor as they may not be comfortable making décor suggestions, you might end up taking their suggestions personally and it may not be their specialty, anyway. Leave them to their job of selling your home.
- A staged home looks better on camera – According to Real Estate Statistics 2016, 80% of all home buyers are shopping online prior to viewing a home in person or making a purchase. They want all the facts about your home including clear photographs. This means having a well-staged home is crucial if you want it to look appealing in photographs – while the house down the street looks cluttered and messy, your home will stand out.
- If you want to get your asking price, or more – A 2014 Coldwell Banking survey suggested that well-staged homes sold twice as fast as un-staged homes. It is a well-known fact that the longer your home sits on the market, the less chance there is you’ll receive your asking price. In fact, it’s more likely that you’ll be lowering the price in order to make a sale and even get people looking. A staged home is a ready to sell home and worth the initial investment prior to putting your home on the market. Save yourself the stress and headache of having to backpedal by planning ahead and make the right decision from the get-go.